Starting in 1999, most major industrialized nations have adopted electronic signature legislation. The legislation aims to create a clear set of criteria under which electronic records and signatures can be understood to be as legally trustworthy as paper documents and handwritten signatures. Each country has taken a different legislative approach, which can make it tough to know if your electronic signature software is internationally valid.
SIGNiX provides a variety of electronic signature software solutions that are all fully compliant with the United States' ESIGN Act and Uniform Electronic Transaction Act (UETA). In addition, SIGNiX's technology complies with legislation in Canada, Mexico, the European Union and around the world.
- ESIGN Act—Signed into law in 2000, the ESIGN Act established that electronic signatures have the same legal status as a handwritten signature. The ESIGN Act also sets basic requirements that electronic signature software must meet to be considered legally valid. SIGNiX meets all of these requirements.
- UETA—The Uniform Electronic Transaction Act provides guidelines for electronic transactions in every state. SIGNiX fully complies with UETA's electronic signature guidelines.
- Title 21 CFR Part 11—This part of the Code of Federal Regulations presents electronic signature guidelines for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Part 11 requires that drug makers, biotech companies, medical device manufacturers, and other FDA-regulated industries to implement controls (including audits, system validations, audit trails and documentation) to comply with predicate rules. SIGNiX complies with the guidelines of Title 21 CFR Part 11.
- SOR/2005-30 (SIGNiX qualifies as a “Secure Electronic Signature”)
- SIGNiX's electronic signature technology qualifies as an “Advanced Electronic Signature” according to Directive 1999/93/EC (the "EU Signature Directive")
- SIGNiX standards meet the requirements as set out in PAdES (PDF Advanced Electronic Signature) by ETSI
By providing electronic signature software that complies with laws and regulations, SIGNiX is quickly becoming the top choice for electronic signatures around the world.